Historical Mystery: Amazing Laws around the world
Let’s go through some of the amazing mystery and laws around the world. Hopefully you will be amused.
USA State Legislative mystery:
- Mailing an entire building has been illegal in the United States since 1916, when a man mailed a forty-thousand-ton brick house across Utah to avoid high freight rates.
- A monkey was once tried and convicted for smoking a cigarette in South Bend, Indiana.
- Every citizen of Kentucky is required by law to take a bath at least once a year.
- In Morrisville, Pennsylvania, women need a legal permit before they can wear lipstick in public.
- It is illegal for boys in ninth grade to grow a mustache in Binghamton, New York.
- In Baltimore, it is illegal to wash or scrub a sink, regardless of how dirty it is.
- In Cleveland, Ohio, it is illegal to catch mice without a hunting license.
- In Kentucky, it is illegal to carry ice cream in your back pocket.
- In California, it is illegal to eat oranges while bathing.
- If you live in Michigan, it is illegal to put a skunk in your boss’s desk.
- In Hartford, Connecticut, you may not, under any circumstances, cross the street walking on your hands.
- In Indiana, it is illegal to ride public transportation for at least thirty minutes after eating garlic.
- A Virginia law requires all bathtubs to be kept out in the yard, not inside the house.
- Impotence is legal grounds for divorce in twenty-four American states.
Some More Facts:
- In Alaska, it is illegal to shoot at a moose from the window of an airplane or other flying vehicle.
- Pennsylvania was the first colony to legalize witchcraft.
- According to the United States Refuse Act of 1899, every industrial discharge into bodies of water since 1899 has been a crime.
- In Idaho, a citizen is forbidden by law to give another citizen a box of candy that weighs more than fifty pounds.
- In Minnesota,it is illegal for women to be dressed up as Santa Claus on city streets.
- In some parts of Alabama, it is illegal to carry a comb in your pocket.
- In Oklahoma, it is against the law to hunt whale.
- In Omaha, Nebraska, it’s against the law to burp or sneeze in a church.
- In Kansas, it’s against the law to catch fish with your bare hands.
- It’s against the law to ride down the streets of Brewton, Alabama, in a motorboat.
- The state legislature in North Dakota has rejected a proposal to erect signs specifically warning motorists not to throw human waste onto the roadside. Maintenance workers report at least twenty incidents of road crews being sprayed with urine after rupturing urine-filled plastic bottles that became swollen in the hot sun. Opponents of the measure say they’re afraid the signs would discourage tourism.
- Under the law of Mississippi, there’s no such thing as a female Peeping Tom.
- In Texas, it is illegal to put graffiti on someone else’s cow.
- In Bladworth, Saskatchewan, it is illegal to frown at cows.
- In Arizona, it is illegal to hunt camels.
Mystery laws around the world:
- Amazingly, According to a British law passed in 1845, attempting to commit suicide was a capital offense. Offenders could be hanged for trying.
- In the Rhode Island legislature during the 1970s, it was proposed that there be a tax of $2 on every act of sexual intercourse.
- In Sweden, although prostitution is legal, it is illegal for anyone to use the services of a prostitute.
- It used to be law in France that children’s names had to be taken from an official government list.
- In Athens, Greece, a driver’s license can be taken away by law if the driver is deemed either “unbathed” or “poorly dressed.”
- In Hartford, Connecticut, it is illegal for a husband to kiss his wife on Sundays.
- In England during Queen Victoria’s reign, it was illegal to be a homosexual but not a lesbian, the reason being that when the queen was approving the law, she wouldn’t believe that women would do that.
- In Malaysia, it is illegal for restaurants to substitute toilet paper as table napkins. Repeat offenders go to jail.
- In Iceland, it was once against the law to have a pet dog in a city.
- In Helsinki, Finland, instead of giving parking tickets, the police usually deflate tires.
- In Italy, it is illegal to make coffins out of anything except nutshells or wood.
- In Jasmine, Saskatchewan, it is illegal for a cow to moo within three hundred kilometers of a private home.
- In the United Kingdom, there is no Act of Parliament making it illegal to commit murder. Murder is only illegal due to legal precedent.
- It is against the law to stare at the mayor of Paris.
- In Singapore, it is against the law to urinate in an elevator.
- In Sweden, it is illegal to train a seal to balance a ball on its nose.
- It is illegal to grow or sell pork in Israel.
- In one city in Switzerland, it was once against the law to slam your car door.
- Celebrating Christmas was once illegal in England.it was a mystery act.
- In a tradition dating back to the beginning of the Westminster system of government, the bench in the middle of a Westminster parliament is two-and-a-half sword lengths long. This was so the government and opposition couldn’t have a go at each other if it all got a bit heated.
- Most burglaries occur in the winter.
- Dueling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors.
Please follow and like us: