Dill Weed Tea and its amazing benefits
Dill weed tea is the perfect herbal tea to deal with your digestion problems. Meet a great little herb that you are likely to have come across while cooking in your kitchen and probably have never given a thought to the benefits of dill as a healing tea. This is your chance to learn more about this herb and to make it a part of your medicine cabinet as well as a permanent fixture in your pantry.It is from the same plant family as carrot and fennel and the seeds even look the same, however, they have a different, spicier taste. You will also find that dill has a lot of the same benefits as fennel.
Making of Dill Weed Tea:
Dill weed leaves are slightly pungent, aromatic and bitter in taste. They should therefore be taken only in combination with green tea, added with sugar or honey. About 60 grams of a decoction of the fresh leaves or seeds mixed with honey should be taken thrice daily in diseased conditions.
Beneficial effects of Dill Weed Tea:
Both fresh or dried leaves and seeds have medicinal powers, but the highest amount of healthy components resides in seeds. They also have a more intense and spicy flavor. Dill is a rich pool of components that your body can drink from. Seeds, the richest part of the plant, contain volatile oils, flavonoids, coumarin and triterpenes. Adding to that, the plant contains many proteins, fibers and carbohydrates, minerals like calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, zinc and copper, and vitamins A, C, B complex. With such richness, dill herbal tea can help you in many ways.
- Dill is an antispasmodic and calmative.
- Dill tea or water is a popular remedy for an upset stomach, hiccups or insomnia for nursing mothers to promote the flow of milk and as an appetite stimulant.
- It is a constituent of gripe water to ease flatulence and colic.
- Dill seeds or leaf infusion is effective in respiratory disorder like colds, influenza and bronchitis.
- Dill is useful in stimulating and regulating menstrual flow. It is effective in spasmodic menstrual in young girls.
- Dill increases the quantum of breast milk. It prevents any early ovulation thereby establishing as an effective birth control device.