Aniseed is an herb. The seed (fruit) and oil, and less frequently the root and leaf, are used to make medicine.Aniseed tea is one of its usage.
Anise is used for upset stomach, intestinal gas, “runny nose,” and as an expectorant to increase productive cough, as a diuretic to increase urine flow, and as an appetite stimulant. Women use anise to increase milk flow when nursing, start menstruation, treat menstrual discomfort or pain and ease childbirth. Men use anise to treat symptoms of “male menopause.” Other uses include treatment of seizures, nicotine dependence, trouble sleeping (insomnia), asthma, and constipation.
Add a teaspoon of aniseed in about three cups of water and boil for about fifteen minutes. Then add the infusion to a tea pot containing green tea leaves.
- hormonal imbalance
- Eases menstrual symptom and cramps.
- Stimulates breast milk secretion
- Eases breast milk flow.
- Antimicrobial properties
- Anti-septic properties
- Valuable in sleeplessness
- Eases pain in lower abdomen
- Valuable in abdominal distention, constipation and stops vomiting. Aniseed is warm and treats flue/cold.
- In foods, anise is used as a flavoring agent. It has a sweet, aromatic taste that resembles the taste of black licorice. It is commonly used in alcohols and liqueurs, such as anisette and ouzo. Anise is also used in dairy products, gelatins, meats, candies, and breath fresheners.
- In manufacturing, anise is often used as a fragrance in soap, creams, perfumes, and sachets.
Honey Green Tea:
Green tea is slowly becoming the most popular beverage. The spot once occupied by coffee and tea is slowly being taken by green tea. More and more brands are coming up with their versions of green tea. Some have plain green tea as their major brewing flavour, while for others it’s a mixture of the green tea with some amazing flavours of lemon and lemon grass. Green tea is never had with sugar. The main purpose of green tea is to rejuvenate you, and sugar is not the ideal combination for green tea.
Honey has got marvelous properties to prevent all sort of heart disease.
- It tones up heart and improves the circulation.
- It is also effective in cardiac pain and palpitation of the heart.
- Honey is remarkable for building hemoglobin in the body.
- This is largely due to iron, copper and manganese contained in it.
- Beneficial to treat insomnia, dyspepsia, cough and all sort of troubles.
- One tablespoon in warm water or in green tea proved beneficial.
- Honey has a 60 caloric value.